Retail Partner Manager, Hardware
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in marketing, brand and/or retail category management, account management, partnership management, and/or business development.
- Experience in consumer electronics with or as a retailer.
- Experience with vendor management, marketing, or sales in e-commerce channels.
- Experience in a hardware company or a retailer in account management, buying, go-to-market, channel management or channel marketing.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level and to successfully launch new products in the market.
- Ability to take data and distill it into a meaningful and coherent story.
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
About the job
As a Retail Partner Manager, you will be responsible for go-to-market planning for your account, including contracts, forecasting, and planning marketing and merchandising solutions. You will also collaborate with Channel Management, Product Planning, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Compliance teams in order to plan business for your account. In this role, you will be involved in the product life cycle from end-to-end for accounts. You will help define which products Google hardware should develop, the strategy of how to bring them to market, how to manage them once in market, and how to transition them into the next helpful hardware product.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Manage, track, and report retail readiness.
- Develop and conduct product presentations for retail and external partners.
- Generate, manage promotional/pricing strategy. Develop analysis to support plans and manage budgets and drive volumes to goals.
- Build relationships with key partners and negotiate on joint promotion activities and retail activation.
- Manage reporting on performance, activities, and market dynamics. Adjust strategy where needed based upon business conditions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.