Customer Engineer, Google Maps Platform
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Washington, DC, USA; Portland, OR, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in technical sales engineering or customer-facing roles (e.g., professional services, sales engineering, or solutions architecture).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience in a program/project management role in consulting, software development, systems integration, or systems engineering.
- Experience in cloud platform development.
- Experience writing and presenting at industry events with the ability to present Google's product offerings paired with excellent written and presentation skills.
- Domain expertise in an area such as Internet of Things, smart cities, urban mobility, transport and logistics, AR/Virtual Reality, or machine learning.
- Experience mapping application development and integration using Google Maps platform or other Location/Maps platforms on web or mobile platforms (i.e., Android / iOS).
- Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work in partnership with the sales team to advocate for Google’s location and mapping solutions to our customers. You will engage with executive industry leaders and partner with them to devise a location intelligence strategy for their company. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of the Google Maps APIs and related offerings, explaining technical features, and problem-solving technical issues. You will liaise with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Maps Platform products. You will work closely with our customers in the ridesharing, local delivery, Augments Reality (AR) gaming, and urban mobility space.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage technical aspects of solutions including supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Facilitate request for information or request for proposal responses. Help Sales to perform pricing and quota estimations and construct deals.
- Work with the Google Map Platform’s API products to demonstrate and prototype integrations. Design and implement solutions using products including Google Maps API, Google Maps Mobile software development kits, and Google’s other mapping solutions.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities. Identify customer technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical impediments.
- Maintain on-going technical relationships with strategic customers and conduct technical reviews, best practice sessions, and file bugs and feature requests. Monitor and ensure proper usage reporting.
Your application has been successfully submitted.