Technical Account Manager, Pixel Carrier Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working cellular carriers on carrier certifications.
- Experience with protocol features of 2G, 3G, 4G, and WLAN technologies.
- Master's degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Wireless industry experience in modem/telephony, radio systems, antenna design, wireless communications, cellular network infrastructure, radio access network technologies (e.g., 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), or carrier certification and industry standards.
- Product development experience in hardware engineering, software integration, NPI/manufacturing, or consumer electronics experience in product launch technical-readiness.
- Excellent communication skills to present to all business and technical levels.
About the job
As a Technical Account Manager, you are responsible for providing technical solutions and managing relationships with Google's largest and most strategic online publishers. As a liaison between clients and our technical staff, you flawlessly lead deployments, implementations and integrations of a variety of our product lines (such as Search, Mobile, Video and Commerce). From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you are the resident expert that addresses partner needs. You are a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for client management.
Google's Pixel carrier engineering team helps solve some of the toughest mobile technology problems. We work with teams throughout Google to develop solutions for strategic partners around the globe. We maintain crucial relationships and build technical solutions for our long-term partners who are making Google's connected devices the best and most helpful devices in the world.
Our team provides the key interface between external teams and partners test labs to internal test and development teams. We are the interface between the carriers and the Pixel team and are driving product and platform releases.
We coordinate with test partners, ensure all issues are tracked, and report issues back to the development teams. We apply our detailed technical knowledge of wireless standards (ie: IMS, 4G, 5G, WiFi) to understand, prioritize, and drive resolution to issues found during certification testing. We support the product definition process with regards to certification. We also help shape Google's best practices, tools, and processes for new Pixel phones.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Support and drive the carrier and industry approvals of wireless devices.
- Report project status, prioritize tasks, and drive issue resolution to completion.
- Troubleshoot modem protocol stack problems and assist Engineering to make technical decisions.
- Generate and maintain compliance matrix documents for wireless devices.
- Analyze new carrier network features and gather operator requirements, providing guidance and feedback to Engineering and Product managers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.