Technical Writer, Firebase Developer Relations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience creating content for a technical audience (e.g., developer documentation, CS course materials, and/or IT admin playbooks).
- Experience with technologies such as software or hardware systems via investigation, direct experimentation (e.g., reading or running code), and/or interactions with subject matter experts.
- Experience writing in HTML or markdown.
- Experience documenting, developing, or using APIs in REST, Java, Swift, Objective-C, and/or C++.
- Experience with mobile or cloud developer products.
- Experience with common developer tools (e.g., Android Studio, Xcode, npm, git, GitHub, etc.).
About the job
As a Technical Writer for Firebase Developer Relations, you will create excellent developer experiences that drive engagement, adoption, and success for developers building on Firebase. You will focus on creating product documentation, helping developers troubleshoot issues, resolve roadblocks, and ensure developer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be involved in organizing and writing a broad range of developer-oriented material including API references, tutorials, and use cases. You will work closely with engineers and developers.
- Work closely with several Firebase feature teams, and develop processes for maintaining awareness of new developments.
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach team members on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Contribute to development of other developer materials such as videos, codelabs, and blog posts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.