Release Developer, Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in software development, release development, and/or configuration management.
- Experience with code signing and build management tools.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience building C++ and Java applications.
- Experience working with a source code management system.
- Knowledge of server-side products such as UNIX/Linux and multiple client OS systems (e.g., Android, iOS, Linux, etc.).
- Knowledge of software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems.
About the job
How do you release updates and changes to the world's most trafficked sites without users ever noticing a glitch in service? Our Release Developer team takes on this very challenge. As a member of the team, you work with Software Developers to ensure our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. This requires scripting and coding with an eye toward scalability so that big deployments can be broken down and distributed across multiple data centers. You are a excited by massively complex systems and the challenges that come from working with some of the largest computing systems in the world. From changing the look of Google Search to backend tweaks to our algorithms, we are constantly pushing updates and iterating on all of our products.
Using your leadership and technical expertise, you manage small project teams and lead the complex application releases for production and develop major improvement to tools and processes.
As a Release Developer, you will develop a deep understanding in areas such as source control, build and test infrastructure, release configuration, deployment, and general release best practices.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Manage release branches.
- Build and test release binaries on the server-side.
- Lead releases to production on the server-side.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing research and development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.