Technical Writer, GoogleSQL, Core Data, Developer Docs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience creating content for a technical audience (such as developer documentation, computer science course materials, and/or IT admin playbooks).
- Experience technologies (i.e., software or hardware systems) by investigation, experimentation (e.g., reading or running code), and/or interactions with Subject Matter Experts.
- Experience working with database products and using SQL.
- Experience writing content for an audience of software developers.
- Experience that enables easy interaction with software developers and ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation.
- Experience researching and writing effective documentation for developers.
About the job
Core Data's mission is to "unlock the power of Google's data". Our teams develop technologies across the full data lifecycle - storage, ETL processing, indexing, analysis, caching, serving, and more. Our systems are used to power applications developed by Product Areas across all of Google, including Search, Ads, YouTube, Maps, Gmail, Analytics, Play, and others.
The tech writing team is fully integrated into the Data product management team. Our mission is to make Google's data solutions and infrastructure easier to use.
In this role, you'll work with development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. You'll work with software developers, product managers and program managers. In addition, you'll deliver high-quality technical publications. Our stakeholders highly value documentation and recognize it as a key contributor to our customers' happiness and developer velocity.
- Identify critical developer journeys.
- Create educational resources like codelabs and guides for developers.
- Code sample queries and scripts.
- Act as the educational outreach for GoogleSQL internally.
- Create instructional modules as part of GoogleSQL educational efforts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.