Group Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision. This team of designers, data scientists, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to lead a team of PMs focused on building platforms, tools and products that will keep our community safe. This is a critical role that requires great judgment, attention to detail, strategic thought and product development skills that appropriately balance privacy, safety and user experience. As a core member of the broader Trust and Safety cross-functional group, which includes senior leaders from engineering, Trust and Safety Ops, Legal, Privacy, Policy and Comms, you will be at the center of many of the product and platform decisions that directly impact safety of our community.
What you'll do:
- Drive complex ideas and strategies and also adeptly navigate the challenging trust and safety environment by working with partners
- Develop the strategic product plan for Trust and Safety at Snapchat
- Set OKRs to measure progress and performance
- Lead a team of strong product managers and help them with tactical needs as well as career development
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners across Product, Policy, Privacy, Legal, and Engineering
- Develop and present go-forward recommendations to executives and key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to deliver exceptional results in an intense but collaborative and kind environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional ability to build trust with engineers, designers, data science and other senior cross-functional partners
- Proven ability to define and analyze success metrics and input metrics for a large organization
- Knowledge of building large scale platforms with multiple dependencies
- Ability to think creatively and approach problems with system-level thinking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 8+ years of experience in a product development or strategy-oriented field, such as product management, product marketing, product/corporate strategy, or data science/analytics, at a technology company
- 10+ years of experience in a product development or strategy-oriented field, such as product management, product marketing, product/corporate strategy, or data science/analytics, at a technology company
- Trust and Safety, Business Integrity or moderation experience
- Ability to execute against ambiguous objectives and communicate the results clearly and effectively
- A passion for Snapchat and creative problem solving!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.