Senior Product Counsel
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Legal & Policy Team is Snap’s dedicated in-house law firm, policy consultant, lobbyist, thought partner, and all-around advisor. This team helps Snap do the right thing the right way, make better decisions, understand and manage risks, and creatively navigate challenges, both external and internal. We partner with Snap team members on a wide array of matters, including privacy, product, IP, commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment, acquisitions, litigation, policy, and social impact. The Legal & Policy team values diversity and knows it powers us as we build an innovative and inclusive leadership culture centered on Snap's values of Kind, Smart, and Creative.
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Counsel to help support our Trust & Safety, Platform Integrity, Security, and Spam & Abuse product teams. You’ll collaborate with Product, Engineering, Design, Policy, and other teams throughout the company to guide the development of new Snap products and technologies, especially within the context of Snap’s privacy-by-design and safety-by-design programs. Your work will play a critical role in keeping our users safe.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Design, Trust & Safety, Platform Integrity, and Policy teams to understand and assess new products and technologies, from early development stages through launch.
- Help provide cross-functional leadership on trust & safety and security issues at Snap.
- Review engineering and design specifications for privacy-by-design requirements and legal compliance.
- Analyze potential legal and safety risks and regulatory requirements for new products and technologies.
- Work with legal colleagues to ensure regulatory compliance
- Help scale the legal organization by developing innovative processes to support the fast-moving Engineering, Product, and Design teams.
- Help draft public-facing descriptions of new products and technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience across a range of legal disciplines – privacy, consumer protection, content moderation, security, marketing, IP.
- Strong understanding of the GDPR, CCPA, and privacy laws generally.
- Experience working directly with engineers and product managers.
- Someone who’s comfortable having to master new areas of law and tech.
- Excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the company on complex, multifaceted issues.
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, and a team player, with an ability to think creatively and accommodate tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- JD degree
- Active membership in at least one state bar
- 8+ years of experience practicing law
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.