Sr. Manager, Capital Markets
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Finance Team includes Finance Business Partnership, Accounting, Finance Operations, Financial Systems, Internal Audit, Tax, Treasury, and Investor Relations teams. Together, the team partners with leadership to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions, inform investors about our business model and progress, and ensure the company is financially healthy and consistently meeting our reporting obligations.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Capital Markets to join our Treasury team! As a member of the Treasury team, this role will be responsible for managing the debt capital market activities, the corporate investment portfolio, and they will also be involved in the overall Treasury activities. Projects include analyzing short and long term capital needs, market assessments and sizing of new investment opportunities. Projects may also include coordinating and partnering with our various teams to ensure we adequately address tax, accounting, and related issues in our capital markets, M&A and investment activities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our capital structure, including projecting our short and long-term capital needs and providing funding recommendations as needed and execute transactions
- Manage capital markets relationships, including regular discussions with our investment banking partners, lenders and ratings agencies
- Provide valuable capital markets insights that can translate into business recommendations to help Snap Inc. make the best decisions
- Manage Snap’s investment portfolio, especially as it relates to the needs and overarching vision of the company and how our strategic opportunities fit into those needs
- Manage and oversee investment managers, review performance and provide recommendations on strategic and tactical allocation decisions for managing investments including changes in investments guidelines to address changes in market conditions
- Keep abreast of market developments and economic news and provide regular updates to the VP, Capital Markets
- Execute ad hoc financial analyses led by our Chief Financial Officer and VP, Capital Markets
- Collaborate and partner with Tax, Legal, and Accounting teams to ensure compliance with Treasury controls and assist in all quarterly and annual review and audit requests
- Collaborate with the functional teams in the discussion, planning and execution of M&A including deal structuring, valuation, documentation, diligence, accounting treatment, and post-closing integration
- Manage M&A and investment deal flow and improve communication flow across key internal stakeholders and assess the impact on the company’s actual financial and strategic execution of our business plan
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of capital markets and fixed income investment markets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and establish strong relationships
- Strong curiosity and willingness to learn and improve processes
- Significant expertise with Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and Google Docs/Sheets
- Very solid experience using various Treasury, banking, and financial reporting systems
- Experience within a publicly traded company treasury function is highly preferred
- Superb organizational and planning skills
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in treasury function, investment banking, or related field
- MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.