AI/ML - Data Product Management Lead
As a leader on the ML Developer Experience team in AI/ML, you will play a critical role in the future of Data and Machine Learning at Apple. You will work with top-tier engineering and product teams, driving the platforms and technologies enabling Apple worldwide developers to create the highest quality user experiences, with the strongest privacy guarantees in the industry, for their customers.
You will manage and execute on Apple’s AIML Data roadmap that enables Apple engineers to effectively use data as the voice of the customer while maintaining our strong privacy commitments. You and your team will be responsible for driving the vision and development of that roadmap for Apple, partnering across Apple and delivering some of the most ambitious capabilities for measuring, creating data, and driving insights anywhere at Apple or the world.
If you are the type of person that feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, have a strong sense of ownership, thrive in fast-paced environments with lots of ambiguity, enjoy working with complex technologies- if you know how to foster strong relationships, build trust, and work for the success for the entire team- then you will be a strong match for our team. We look forward to meeting you!
- 10+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in technical product development (e.g. Product Management or Engineering Management)
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale engineering products or platforms involving machine learning, data processing, and data analytics tools at Internet scale, including experience with ML training (e.g. train/test, evaluation, measurement), data processing pipelines, large-scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services and deliver measurable business or product value
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders, translate needs into technical roadmaps, and deliver and effectively communicate and partner with executive stakeholders
- Experience building, motivating, and managing high-performing teams of product and technical program managers
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into a feature roadmap
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a track record of driving improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness
• Own and drive adoption of the roadmap of Apple’s AIML Data products, platforms & processes needed to enable Apple’s designers, engineers, product managers, & scientists to use Data to understand their products and improve them.
• Partner with end-user product teams (and data science teams) for products like Siri Assistant, Apple Search, and more to ensure there is a clear understanding of product success (and the metrics to measure them).
• Design & drive processes to ensure teams are using data and to reduce the friction of using data effectively within Apple.
• Collaborate with engineering, product, and executive leadership across Apple to drive execution of multiple strategic priorities - including implementation of Northstar metrics, cost-management, data efficiency improvements, and bringing research projects to production.
• Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines; clearly communicate project progress to leads and executive team.
• Lead a group of program and product managers. Manage career development, encourage education and training, and scale the team with top industry talent.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/Ph.D. EE/CS/CE or equivalent.
- • M.S. or Ph.D. degree with a focus in computer science, machine learning, data mining, or statistics.
- • Prior PM or engineering experience in analytics, experimentation, or data processing for large-scale internet organizations.
- • Experience using OKRs to drive product outcomes.
- • Past Director-level or above management experience at a top technology company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.