AI/ML - Sr Machine Learning Engineer
A premier ML innovation team in Apple is looking for Senior and Principal Machine Learning Engineers for working on algorithms and systems for ML model understanding and adaptation. The team is addressing critical issues in ML model evaluation including detection and repair of drifts and biases, as well challenges for personalizing models on devices under the strict privacy policies principles at Apple.
- Strong algorithmic and statistical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the fundamental mathematics and architectures of ML technologies.
- 7 years of experience in training, evaluating, and characterizing ML models and systems.
- 5 years of experience in at least one ML domain, NLP, computer vision, reinforcement learning, and its application.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are a plus.
- Strong programming skills are a plus.
This is a technical lead position, working with both junior and senior ML engineers, and with cross-functional duties.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- (Hands-on) Lead or co-lead the design, implementation, and testing, of algorithms and methods for debugging and diagnosing ML algorithms and their adaptation.
- The above includes methods for detecting data drift, model biases, personalization, and automated explanation generation.
- Working with cross-functional engineering teams, defining dependencies with other teams, defining APIs, and developing technical agreements.
- Working with internal customers. Being a team ambassador in all interactions. Prioritize and execute on customer requests.
- Observe emerging common patterns of use and identify opportunities for generalization.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in CS, EE, Statistics, or equivalent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.