Manager, Music Label Partnerships, YouTube (French, English)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience managing music partner accounts.
- Experience working at or with a recorded music rightsholder.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently.
- Experience in or working with music streaming services, recorded music companies, and music trade associations.
- Experience discussing digital music content licensing agreements and managing artist marketing campaigns with music executives.
- Experience managing high stress situations and remaining focused on accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous account activities and to communicate regarding partner account issues and opportunities.
- Ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate partner satisfaction and make a partner account successful.
- Excellent attention to detail.
About the job
In this role, you will be representing YouTube Music in Canada providing ongoing business development and relationship management to YouTube's key Canadian recorded music partners and trade bodies.
In this role you will interact regularly with counterparts at labels, distribution companies, and associations facilitating ongoing business and partnerships processes, resolving inquiries, and identifying/driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate closely with internal teams.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Own day-to-day account management of strategic recorded music partners, including discussing licensing agreements and consulting in developing marketing campaigns to boost Canadian artists’ success on the platform.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues.
- Manage large volumes of requests from partners, prioritize them internally, and set partner expectations for resolution.
- Consistent update your partners on product, operational, and account changes and collect feedback for internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate partner interaction with internal teams, such as technical, content ingestion, legal, and product.
Your application has been successfully submitted.