Manager, SEC Reporting
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Finance Team includes Finance Business Partnership, Accounting, Finance Operations, Financial Systems, Internal Audit, Tax, Treasury, and Investor Relations teams. Together, the team partners with leadership to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions, inform investors about our business model and progress, and ensure the company is financially healthy and consistently meeting our reporting obligations.
We’re looking for a Manager of External Reporting to join the Finance Team!
What you’ll do:
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company with an emphasis on external reporting
- Maintain the relationship with external auditors in support of all annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Maintain a process to manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC ensuring financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP and SEC Reporting standards, including preparing financial statements, drafting disclosures and MD&A for both annual and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare quarterly and yearly SEC reporting, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations
- Prepare and compile supporting documents for all SEC filings, ensuring the process is in compliance with SOX
- Stay up to date on changes and activities within the Company and industry to ensure the Company’s financial statements properly reflect any new developments
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prepare relevant materials and presentations consistent with SEC filings, including analyst presentations and other materials
- Partner with the international team to help prepare and review statutory financial statements in compliance with local requirements
- Ad hoc reporting or technical assistance on transactions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the SEC reporting process and ability to navigate complex accounting items and disclosures
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with an understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, and superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization and independently lead meetings
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail with a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Phenomenal at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Experience in a Big 4 firm or Fortune 500 company experience with emphasis external reporting
- CPA License or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.