Mobile Software Engineer Intern
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap’s Augmented Reality team invents the immersive (and fun!) camera experiences that are at the core of our products. From developing creative new Lens features for Snapchat, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Lens Studio (our platform for an ever-increasing community of AR creators), to designing the cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology that makes face transformation Lenses possible — our Augmented Reality team is working hard on their mission to bring AR to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our CameraKit SDK team that enables external partners to integrate our Snap AR features to their apps. This position can work either remotely or from our Mountain View or Santa Monica offices!
- What you’ll do:
- Design and develop Camkit Mobile SDK features
- Work closely with our senior engineering members to bring our AR features to external mobile app developers
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA degree (or equivalent years of experience) in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent years of experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- iOS or Android mobile application development
- Familiar with computer graphics and APIs like OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX and Metal
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Good problem solving skills
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- Experience with mobile apps and/or databases
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.