Drone System Engineer
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Lab is home to our hardware products with a world-class research & development team. We are focused on pushing the boundaries of what a camera can be, specifically overlaying computing on the real world. Next Generation Spectacles are our first pair of glasses that bring augmented reality to life. Pixy is your friendly flying camera – pocket-sized and free flying, taking the magic of Snapchat and letting it fly.
We're looking for a Drone System Engineer to join the Snap Lab team!
What you’ll do:
- Perform aerodynamic configuration trade studies on mission performance that includes effects of weight, power, payload,stability and control
- Develop aerodynamic databases for use in 6 degree of freedom simulation models
- Support Aircraft design through conceptual, preliminary and detailed design phases including analysis, prototyping, integration, and test activities
- Collaborate with product and cross functional engineering teams as well as external vendors and partners to optimize aerodynamic performance.
- Investigate and develop new architectures, materials, components, and design methodologies
- Drive the concept, design phase of the product, working closely with our JDM partners through the design and development phases to meet design and product requirements.
- Identify technology projects to innovate and differentiate products aligned with product vision.
- Evaluate overall system architectures to balance design and performance to meet product goals. This includes propulsion, sensor, and power solution evaluations.
- Create detailed design models and documentation to lead and drive development and production.
- Develop and conduct technical experiments to select designs, materials, and technologies
- Drive engineering best practices for proper design, validation and corrective actions throughout product development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in 3D CAD and CFD simulation software
- Technical background in propeller design, motor selection, ESC selection, aero design and architecture
- Experience designing and developing prototypes to validate concepts
- Experience testing, identifying and solving propulsion system problems.
- Good communication skills—written, verbal, and presentations
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience in aerospace/mechanical engineering
- Master’s degree in aerospace/mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience with consumer electronics
- Experience with electrical system and sensor selection.
- Experience with motor and propeller design and material technologies
- Experience with overseas component and manufacturing
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.