Data Science Manager, Lenses
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Lens team creatively applies cutting-edge technology to bring products like Face Lenses, World Lenses, and Snapabbles to life for the more than 175 million people using AR daily on Snapchat. This team of designers, data scientists, and product and program managers are passionate about helping Snapchatters around the globe experience the magic of AR in their everyday worlds.
We’re looking for a Manager, Data Science to join Team Snapchat!
What you’ll do
- Help build and manage a team of high performing data scientists and help them execute along the most important priorities and deliver world-class products
- Establishes a positive, mutually supporting, inclusive and fun team environment where every employee can do their best.
- Work cross-functionally and partner with product managers, engineers, and researchers to solve problems, and conduct analytics studies to identify new product opportunities and shape product strategy
- Conduct in-depth analysis of all data sources, asking the right questions, testing hypotheses, identifying patterns and providing the necessary business context to translate what it all means
- Lead the development & implementation of regular insights share-outs that drive the consumer voice throughout the organization
- Deliver on data science and analytics roadmap including continuous improvement, accurate and timely reporting and measurement
- Provide strategic direction, project clarity, methodological consultation and deliver results both individually and through managing a high performing team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, Stata, etc.
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling, machine learning, and experimentation/ causal inference methods
- Expertise in the data workflow and pipeline and lead a team responsible for data capture, measurement, and optimization capability management.
- Expertise in SQL and familiarity with Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to balance practical business needs and scientific rigor
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, and computer science, or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in data science doing quantitative analysis, and applied statistics or experimentation (i.e. A/B testing) at a technology company
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role within an data organization
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Computer Science, Physics)
- Experience forming partnerships with cross-functional leaders in engineering, product, design, research, etc.
- Proven track record in transforming data into meaningful insights and opportunities to drive growth and performance.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.