Vancouver, BC, Canada
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently ranked one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced 3D Artist (Generalist) to join our team. This position will need an above-average understanding of current and emerging 3D modeling trends to create visually striking game art. Please note a portfolio is required.
What You'll Do:
- Lead/Sr. artist on a small dynamic cross-functional game team to create exceptional mobile game assets in a timely manner
- Produce art according to the project limitations, milestones, and risks
- Become familiar with graphic references and adapt styles according to project needs
- Research different art styles suitable to our game’s genre and provide exploratory conceptual illustrations
- Create worlds or characters in both 2D and 3D capacity
- Contribute ideas toward overall visual development, brings a diverse artistic range to the table
- Collaborate with team members to evolve or improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Support artwork definition and estimation in collaboration with the producer
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience with mobile development
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- Solid experience with Unity and 2D/3D art integration
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Art or related
- Experience with Quixel and/or Substance
- Experience in lighting treatments for environments
Please submit a portfolio of your work showcasing a wide breadth of styles.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.