Engineering Program Manager - Trust Partnerships (Remote, US)
About the role
As an Engineering Program Manager within Trust Partnerships, you will set the security vision within our domain-specific teams, enabling a world-class team to deliver on the Shopify mission to “Make Commerce Better for Everyone”. You will develop a deep understanding of our tools, business processes and technology problems. You’ll work with stakeholders across our organisation to ensure that we build integrated systems that scale as we grow.
With an ever-expanding ecosystem of consumer facing products, you will be expected to identify risks, appropriate mitigations and where necessary implementation strategies. We are looking for someone that enjoys both technical security analysis and the solutionizing that goes along with it.
Resourcefulness is key - you’ll need to quickly gather context on our infrastructure, production systems, consumers and safeguards to help Shopify continue shipping secure, trustworthy and usable products. If you want to take the lead on work that impacts Shopify’s most dynamic and innovative initiatives, and you genuinely enjoy tackling complex problems at scale, we have a role for you!
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Dive deep into a new product or initiative to analyse its potential impact on the security posture of Shopify
- Interrogate data to better inform decisions to ensure that they scale
- Design and implement technical and pragmatic solutions
- Implementing tripwires to help our operational teams identify priorities
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to strengthen our products and services throughout their lifecycle - before, during, and after they ship
- Collaborate with highly motivated security professionals with a unique blend of skill sets and experience
- Define and build world leading technical security programs to maintain merchant trust in our platform
Interested in one or all of these areas? Before applying, please note you should have experience with one or more of the following (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following
- Comfortable with threat modelling assessing technical security threats for digital products and advocating for appropriate solutions
- Familiarity with translating privacy and compliance legislation into technical requirements
- Creating alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders including tracking and driving adoption
- Data storytelling and strategic thinking
- Working closely with development teams and product managers
- Identifying procedural gaps in order to drive continuous improvement
- Drawing connections between technical documentation, source code, data sources and other repositories of information to build up context and understanding
- Translating technical jargon and complicated concepts into something simple, accurate and understandable
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.