Retail Strategy Manager
The Store Journey Design Team is a team of experience designers, researchers, strategists, collaborators, creatives, and storytellers. We design and integrate customer and employee journeys into our store formats to support seamless, simple, and engaging experiences using a collaborative and human-centric approach.
We are looking for an experienced retail strategy leader to manage a team of program managers and strategists. Your team will integrate and prioritize current and future experience requirements into new stores, formats, and business models.
Work closely with our experience design team, which creates, tests, and refines end-to-end customer journeys. Partner with our Design, Real Estate, Operations, and Preservation partners to determine how, where, and when we deploy updated experiences and how these experiences shape our store designs and formats.
Are you passionate about creating strategies to deliver delightful customer experiences by scaling them globally? If so, we want you on our team!
- Experience creating system-level decision-making frameworks for a fast-paced, experiential retail environment.
- Experience integrating CX and customer trends into a physical design and development process and collaborating with design managers and design coordinators.
- Experience leading high-functioning teams focused on Retail experience, store design, and store format strategy.
- Proven ability to improve a retail customer experience by recommending data-driven changes.
- Expertise in rapid iteration, user testing, and data driven tests to learn through prototyping.
- Ability to quickly develop wide-ranging cross-functional partnerships and establish productive relationships to address complex problems.
- Ability to self-direct and problem-solve in sophisticated, ambiguous, or constantly evolving environments while balancing multiple work streams.
- Ability to identify and build the processes vital to get work done and seeks ways to improve processes, from minor tweaks to complete reengineering.
- Experience in directly building, managing, and developing a diverse team of varying experience levels.
Working closely with our design partners to test, deploy and scale store design elements and/or formats, you will work hand-in-hand with partners across Real Estate, Design, Development, Merchandising, Operations, and Store Journey Design, as well as, the Apple Online Store, Retail Marketing, Marcom, and Retail Operations.
- Lead the Store Format Strategy team to integrate evidence-based experience strategies and design requirements into our fleet of stores.
- Define the scope and prioritization of fleet-wide enhancements in partnership with cross-functional teams, specifically Real Estate, RDDM Operations, Design, and Field Leadership.
- Scope the research required to capture insights, analytics, and observations and support prototyping, experimentation, and field testing.
- Work with Design & RDDM Operations to design, plan, and execute pilots to test out promising concepts and formats at scale.
- Articulate the business case to support portfolio expansion of new store formats.
- Analyze the performance of store enhancements and new concepts to inform ongoing and future strategies.
- Spend time in Apple Retail stores and with field leadership to understand the current state experience, customer expectations, and areas to improve.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.