Privacy Engineering Program Manager - Trust Partnerships (remote, Canada)
About the role
Privacy is an important consideration in everything we do at Shopify. As a Privacy Engineering Program Manager, you will be a part of a team that Shopify relies on to ensure that privacy is top of mind in every endeavour as we fulfil our mission to “Make Commerce Better for Everyone”.
You will collaborate with world class teams to help reinforce and improve Shopify’s privacy posture. To achieve this you will develop a deep understanding of our product suite and our internal tooling, processes and privacy problem spaces. You’ll work with stakeholders across our organisation to ensure that we build privacy aware systems that scale as we grow.
With an ever-expanding ecosystem of consumer facing products, you will be expected to identify privacy risks, appropriate mitigations and where necessary implementation strategies. We are looking for someone that enjoys advocating on behalf of our consumers' right to privacy while simultaneously enabling teams to ship world class products.
Resourcefulness is key - you’ll need to quickly gather context on our infrastructure, products, software and safeguards to help Shopify continue shipping and scaling while staying trustworthy and usable. If you want to take the lead on work that impacts Shopify’s most dynamic and innovative initiatives, and you genuinely enjoy tackling complex problems at scale, we have a role for you!
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to strengthen the privacy posture of our products and services throughout their lifecycle - before, during, and after they ship
- Design and implement technical and pragmatic solutions with an eye to scale
- Dive deep into a new product or initiative to surface to analyse its impact on the privacy posture of the organisation
- Implementing tripwires as leading indicators of where we have gaps in our privacy awareness strategy
- Interrogate data to better inform decisions to ensure that they scale
- Collaborate with highly motivated professionals with a unique blend of skill sets and experience
- Help us build and scale our privacy programs and roadmaps
Interested in one or all of these areas? Before applying, please note you should have experience with one or more of the following (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Comfortable with parsing technical concepts and documentation for digital products
- Intimate experience with translating privacy legislation into technical requirements
- Creating alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders including tracking and driving adoption
- Performing deep data analysis to aid with storytelling and strategic thinking
- Working closely with development teams and product managers
- Identifying procedural gaps in order to drive continuous improvement
- Drawing connections between technical documentation, source code, data sources and other repositories of information to build up context and understanding
- Translating legislative jargon and privacy concepts into something simple, accurate and actionable
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.