Engineering Program Manager - Zero Trust Security (Remote, Canada)
About the role
As an Engineering Program Manager you will lead/partner in the delivery of solutions within our Zero Trust Security team, enabling Shopify's mission to “Make Commerce Better for Everyone”.
By developing a deep understanding of our tools, business processes and technology problems, you’ll work with stakeholders across our organization to ensure we build integrated systems that scale as we grow. Delivering solutions with the employee experience in mind, you will have the opportunity to develop and design products that are tailored to Shopify.
We’re looking to add an Engineering Program Manager to our team. The Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing technical and pragmatic solutions that scale
- Leveraging data to finding problems and proposing solutions
- Partnering across multiple teams to deploy solutions, ensuring they have sustained impact well after delivery
- Writing release plans and employee documentation to support our growing organization
- Actively looking for opportunities to automate tasks to increase team efficiency
- Collaborate with highly motivated security professionals with a unique blend of skill sets and experience
- Help us build and scale our engineering programs and roadmaps
Interested in one or all of these areas? Before applying, please note you should have experience with several of the following:
- Creating alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders including tracking and driving adoption
- Managing or participating in the assessment and deployment of solutions (internally developed or vendor provided) by developing clear requirements and conducting assessments with cultural awareness
- A track record of diving deep into technical problems and developing tailored solutions, with the employee experience in mind
- Ensuring deployments and solutions are well-received by customers
- The ability to convince others of your ideas by combining data with storytelling
- Identifying procedural gaps in order to drive continuous improvement
- Drawing connections between technical documentation, source code, data sources and other repositories of information to build up context and understanding
- Familiarity with privacy or compliance regulations and concepts
- Threat modeling consumer facing digital products
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.