Technical Security Analyst - Vendor Security (Remote Canada)
About the role
At Shopify, we have a diverse landscape of third-party vendors. As part of the Trust team, you’ll be a key player in evaluating new and existing vendors for security, risk and compliance. We’re looking for curious and detail-oriented individuals to join Shopify’s Trust team as a Technical Security Analyst.
As a Technical Security Analyst, you’ll be leveraging your expertise in technology and security, along with your knowledge of Shopify’s products, applications and infrastructure, to understand and manage third-party vendor risk. You’ll work closely with many teams across Shopify to understand how new tools, technologies and services can help Shopifolk get shit done while keeping security top of mind.
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Lead and contribute to projects that build out and harden security at Shopify
- Evaluate and determine the security risk of using third-party services at Shopify
- Provide security guidance for new tools, integrations and services to internal teams
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on assessments, implementations and use of new tools and related workflows
- Monitor Shopify’s current technology stack and make recommendations to reduce third-party risk
- Utilize data and key metrics to help shape Shopify’s security vendor management program
It would be great if you have: (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Understanding of information security fundamentals, privacy and compliance standards
- Experience working with vendors
- Ability to create and maintain trusted relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including technical breakdowns
- Passion for documenting strategy and approach
- Familiarity with performing risk assessments
Tools of our Trade:
Note: if some of this tech is new to you, that's okay! We realise that not everyone has worked with this stack before and provide opportunities for learning as you go.
- Helpdesk (Freshservice)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.