Smoking Gun Interactive
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We work with incredible companies and brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create compelling games, ranging from amazing original IP to the most played game on the planet (!!!), utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced QA Tester to join our team! The ideal candidate will have prior QA experience in video games, mobile testing, or a related field. Our QA testers must have a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games. The QA test team is embedded within our development team so the right individual must work well with others, be a great communicator, and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
- Responsible for testing game content for bugs and other flaws
- Verify proper implementation of features against design specifications
- Work with QA Test Lead to maintain a reporting system that tracks and verifies fixes throughout the test cycle
- Design, write, and execute test cases during all phases of product development
- Provide written and verbal reports on the state of bugs, features, performance, and playability
- Escalate risks and blocking issues as soon as they are uncovered
- Help to run build verification checklists against a range of devices and mobile platforms
- Be the voice of the consumer
- Avid gamer
- Previous experience in the gaming industry
- Minimum one year of game testing or QA experience; Mobile testing experience a plus
- Experience writing test plans and test scripts
- Experience in one or more defect tracking and/or test management tool; experience with Jira a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.