Sales Engineer, (Remote US)
About the role
Shopify is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to thrive in the ever changing landscape of commerce.
We are revolutionizing how we work and partner with our merchants by operating in a fully distributed work-from-home digital by default environment as we build the future of commerce.
Our US West Region is in hyper-growth mode to power commerce, and our Solutions/Sales Engineering team will work alongside sales to work directly with notable brands and entrepreneurs to develop their commerce strategies whether that is starting or expanding their brick & mortar operations or e-commerce business, adopting our Retail solutions, or leveraging the power of Shopify Payments to scale. This is where you can come in…
As a US West Sales Engineer, you’ll drive the technical solutioning for our West Coast merchants, build POCs, lead demonstrations and enable our sales and partners teams to show how merchants can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify.
Shopify is a remote-first environment. Candidates can be based out of any North American Region that falls under PST, MST, or CST.
Requirements for the role:
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies and SaaS fundamentals
- Deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing commerce businesses
- Strong API knowledge (REST and GraphQL) for enterprise integrations.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A powerful video conference presence with confidence handling executive-level conversations
You'll be working on things like:
- Working to help qualify and close deals from a technical requirements perspective for Sales team and development partners/agencies
- Engaging with enterprise clients through requirements discovery and strategic consulting sessions
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use during on-site or virtual client demonstrations
- Becoming an expert on Shopify’s application ecosystem and integrations
- Aligning with product and RnD teams on future roadmaps and sharing feedback on released features and client trends
- ECommerce experience and knowledge of latest trends (storefront implementation, omni-channel, supply chain, B2B)
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Github)
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet. At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms, and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.