Shared Merchant Success Manager (Remote Canada)
About the role
The Merchant Success program is designed to help merchants maximize the value they get from the Shopify ecosystem with recommendations calibrated to their specific needs. The Shared Merchant Success segment is a one-to-many delivery model that empowers our merchants to assume a pace of execution that is right for their business.
Your role as a Shared Merchant Success Manager is to work through a team structure to enable merchants to leverage the Shopify Plus platform to grow their business. In the role you will work with merchants 1:1 to solve complex problems, define long term strategy, and work through our proprietary Merchant Growth Model. You will also work with the team to build out content and automation to help serve proactive, contextual recommendations to the right merchant, at the right time.
In this role you will have the opportunity to impact the direction of the program and contribute to/own cross-functional projects focused on offering the highest quality merchant experience at scale.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience driving customer value and retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- Experience with having hard conversations, asking questions, and holding the line.
- Time management, and ability to balance merchant facing work with cross-functional projects.
- Operational skills and experience owning /working on small to mid-sized projects. Ability to take an idea and see it through from ideation to execution.
- Data driven and comfortable proving trends and patterns with supporting metrics.
- Thriving on change: Able to operate effectively within an environment full of uncertainty and constant change.
- Team oriented: Ability to work as a team to provide a support experience that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationship and context quickly to be able to deliver personable, impactful, and contextual interactions with merchants 1:1
- Driving value and retention with merchants and running intervention techniques throughout a merchants risk journey
- Identifying patterns in workflows or through interactions, using supporting data to establish buy in, defining strategy and then executing on change
- Work with the team to continuously create evergreen content to help serve proactive contextual recommendations to the right merchant, at the right time
- Working with cross-functional partners to ensure a seamless experience for merchants
- Contribute to cross-functional projects focused on offering the highest quality merchant experience at scale
- Experience or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; you’ll be working with multiple stakeholders and will need to learn to speak their language
- Devotion and usage of Salesforce
- Familiarity with small business strategy, Shopify Product and Ecosystem
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc)
- Experience in eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention)
- Experience managing an online community
- Experience planning and managing email campaign strategies
Note: We are currently hiring in Western North America. This posting is for those living West of the Mississippi.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
This posting will close on May 15th 2022 at 11:59pm ET.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.