Product Consultant, (Remote Canada)
About the role
Shopify is in hyper-growth mode to power commerce for companies like Staples, Mastermind Toys, Knix and more. Alongside our Launch and Merchant Success teams, the Canada Product Consultant teams are leveraged as a post-sales technical product expert both internally and externally for some of our largest merchants. You will partner with our Merchant Success teams on developing merchant’s commerce strategies; whether that is starting or expanding their brick & mortar operations or e-commerce business, adopting our Retail solutions, or leveraging the power of Shopify Payments to scale. Ideally, you are someone who is passionate about acting as a resource for all of Shopify’s products, and feel strongly in your ability to act as a Subject Matter Expert in one specific area, such as Shopify Plus, Money, or Retail.
Requirements for the role:
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies and SaaS fundamentals
- Deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing commerce businesses
- Strong API knowledge (REST and GraphQL) for enterprise integrations.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A powerful video conference presence with confidence handling executive-level conversations
- Proven communication skills with the ability to set expectations and manage difficult conversations
- A ‘solutions mindset’. Our largest and most complex merchants like to push the boundaries of commerce and will often custom build solutions within their architecture to help them get there.
- Experience developing big picture strategy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent collaborator and problem solver.
Projects you’ll be working on:
- Liaising with internal Shopify teams, such as the Merchant Success team, Launch Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Sales, and our internal support team.
- Working with merchants' internal and 3rd party design and development teams.
- Consulting with merchants on interesting and complex business system integrations.
- Providing technical consulting for our Merchant Success team, and in some cases joining the call between the MSM and their merchant.
- Identifying trends across your merchant base looking for common needs and interests in order to share information with the Shopify Product and Support teams
- Working very closely with some of Shopify’s largest merchants, and in some cases partnering directly with the MS teams and high-level POCs
- Acting as an internal and external advocate for the various Shopify products, and able to support Merchant Success teams in creating further product adoption
Bonus experience :
- Familiarity with version control systems and development environments (git/Github is a plus).
- Development experience. You’ll be speaking often with developers and tech teams and need to be able to speak their language. (HTML, Liquid, Ruby, JS etc.)
- Experience with Liquid, the Shopify templating language. You won't need to make a theme but you should know how to make small changes and what's possible with our themes.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet. At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms, and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.