Senior Merchant Success Manager (Customer Success) - Key Accounts (Remote, Canada)
About the role
This Merchant success team focuses on managing our highest profile and strategic merchants in the US West. As a Merchant Success Manager on this team, you will develop strong relationships with your merchants, and provide them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience managing multiple fortune 500 level companies
- Background in customer success or account management with a strong understanding of how to build strong relationships with merchants and stakeholders at all levels
- Proven communication skills with the ability to set expectations and manage difficult conversations with c-level executives
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Experience developing big picture strategy
- Experience working with cross functional teams and managing escalations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent collaborator and strategic problem solver
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be customer focused in all that you do
- Ability and willingness to travel
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a trusted advisor for our merchants; knowing their business, competitive landscape and championing the work and business-building ideas. You are the merchant’s main day-to-day Shopify contact
- Building strong relationships with merchants and their teams; acting as an advocate for the merchant within Shopify and as an advocate for Shopify with the merchant
- Understanding your merchants technical infrastructure and integration needs so you can advise them on solutions as they continue to scale and grow their business
- Actively listen to merchants and continually identify opportunities that enable them to better leverage Shopify products and services
- Collaborating with other Shopify teams to recommend, plan, and coordinate, ensuring the merchant receive the best possible experience across Shopify
- Obtaining merchant feedback and identifying problem areas before they become major issues
- Staying abreast of your merchant’s business results, future plans and challenges
- Keeping senior managers informed of any issues affecting the overall health and retention risk related to your merchants
- Ensuring that merchants receive the most intelligent, creative, and comprehensive guidance on growing their business. Which would include App and agency partners, technical integrations, UX performance, scalability, etc.
- Analyzing your merchant’s business needs, identify strategic partnership opportunities, and develop strategies to ensure growth, satisfaction, and retention
- Identifying trends across your merchant base looking for common needs and interests in order to share information with Shopify Product and Support teams
- Planning Merchant onsite Business Reviews
Please note: We are looking for candidates in Los Angeles, US and we do currently have a policy requiring vaccination against COVID-19 that applies to this role. For those who are unvaccinated for protected reasons, we do have an accomodation review process.
Please apply to the appropriate posting based on your region.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. This posting will close on May 10, 2022 at 11:59PM EST. Bianca is looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.