Account Executive (All Levels) - (Remote US)
About the role
We believe that "if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
We are hiring across multiple verticals and we are looking for Account Executives (All Levels) who can work with brands across North America to understand and develop their commerce strategies and how Shopify can help them meet their goals.
- Enterprise → Proven performance in a quota-carrying role to help us expand our market share. In order to be successful in this role, candidates must be able to self-source their own sales opportunities and be able to navigate large organizations with multiple stakeholders throughout a long, complex sales cycle duration.
- Expanding & Emerging → Proven performance in a quota-carrying role with the ability to source new business. Will work directly with brands to understand and develop their commerce strategies and how Shopify can help them meet their goals.
- Cross Sell → Will work with existing Shopify Merchants to help grow and scale their revenue through various product offerings selling our financial services and retail product suite as well as any upgrades to our traditional core or Plus platform.
As a key team member, our Account Executives work directly with notable brands and entrepreneurs to develop their commerce strategies. Our goal is to accelerate their growth and help them overcome their current challenges. We are merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to make commerce better for everyone.
- Understanding the unique business goals, needs, and pains of prospects, helping them grow their business with Shopify products
- Working with prospects through an entire sales cycle, from intro conversations through to contract negotiations
- Uncovering new business opportunities
- Effectively moving your way through the sales cycle managing your pipeline
- Collaborating on projects within the team and region with other Shopify teams to deliver the highest level of merchant experience
- Making the most of the opportunity to work at an amazing, innovative, and rapidly growing company; have an impact; be involved and do something incredible!
Requirements for the Role:
- Comfort and ability in outbound acquisition of new business, having a “hunter” mentality
- Full Sales Cycle experience preferably in technology/software environment with high complexity
- Ability to create and execute a territory plan
- Experience managing and closing various sales cycles
- Energy, motivation, and self-discipline to stay focused amongst the chaos of diving into a new market
- A passion for talking to people, understanding their unique business needs, and showing them how to 10x their business
- Innovating and developing new ways to sell and disrupt enterprise software sales
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.