Smoking Gun Interactive
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have Community Management experience, social media management experience, a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games. Our Community Management is embedded within our development team, so the right individual must work well with others, and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
- Monitor the feedback and communication from our community
- Work with production teams to solve community reported issues, and communicate solutions back to community members
- Engage with the community in-game, on forums, social network sites, and at conventions
- Work with the production teams and the Producers to set communication guidelines, and prioritize announcements and releases
- Develop systems to track and report on community activity, being able to read and synthesize broad community sentiment and social activity on key topics
- Write reports and summarize actionable items based on player and game research
- Pro-actively inform other departments of potential issues and offer solutions to assist with problems
- Represent the players in discussions with the production team
- Write, publish and manage community-oriented content (news, devblogs, changelogs, surveys, etc.)
- Work with management on social media strategies for the studio
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop PR and marketing strategies for release
- Liaise with media, individuals, and organizations
- Write and edit publicity material, articles and reports
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with our publishing partners
- Identify and assist key influencers from across the community, wherever they may be found and work with them to build community initiatives
- Previous experience in the gaming industry
- 2+ years of community engagement
- Experience in the online space: social media channels, forums, websites, IRC etc
- Able to adopt appropriate tone and style in different messaging as required – from forums to blogs to tweets
- Experience working with development teams
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with strategy or free to play games is a plus
- Experience working and communicating with external teams & studios
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.