Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
Some core features we build and maintain include Snapchat’s Camera, Creative Tools, Maps, Chat, Memories, Stories, Discover, Games, and Minis. Our Infrastructure teams deliver an innovative and cost-efficient platform that ensures Snapchat is the fastest way to communicate with your friends, no matter where you are in the world. We have one of the fastest growing digital ad platforms, and our Monetization teams drive measurable returns for advertisers through novel ad formats like Augmented Reality. As a Snap Engineering team member, you’ll help us build the future of communication.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join Snap Inc!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with stakeholders in engineering, finance, sales, marketing, strategy, and governance to make high quality datasets available to consumers in a timely manner
- Develop data pipelines adhering with privacy and governance principles
- Become familiar with our data consumption portals and their capabilities
- Build expertise and ownership of data quality for supported domains
- Establish and implement data quality standards and controls
- Build tooling and implement systems to overcome limitations of the data consumption portals when appropriate
- Drive adoption of the data sets you’ve produced
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in building data pipelines to serve reporting needs
- Experience owning all or part of a team roadmap
- Ability to prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders in disparate domains
- Ability to effectively communicate complex projects to non-technical stakeholders
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent years of experience in a relevant field
- 3+ year experience in SQL or similar languages
- 3+ years development experience in at least one object-oriented or scripting language (Python, Java, Scala, etc)
- Experience in ETL / Data application development
- Hands on experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience in version control systems such as Git
- Data architecture and warehousing experience
- Experience leading a small team of data or software engineers
- Experience with Airflow
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.