Senior/Staff Product Manager - Security
Senior/Staff Product Manager - Security
We provide Security at Twitter. We support a portfolio of tools for teams across the company to ensure the services they build comply with Security requirements. This includes both indirectly supporting external features and directly supporting internal customer needs.
Our customers are PM’s and engineers at Twitter, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
The Platform Product organization is a critical team that we’ve assembled recently to provide direction and a product lens on all the work the platform organization does at Twitter, from data to analytics, storage to graph technologies, security to networking and data centers. With every product we ship to our internal customers, we provide an enabling environment for the consumer and revenue teams to build exciting experiences for our customers.
Your role is to understand our customers, all 1500+ engineers and data scientists at Twitter, gather insights, identify opportunities, and help prioritize work for developing and managing the portfolio of products and policies that further our security capabilities. You will drive enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption and will partner cross-functionally to put an appropriate framework in place to ensure we’re developing and deploying products, infrastructure and policies that adhere to security best practices. This role will also lead the definition, launch, roll-out, and ongoing improvement of these solutions with responsibility for guiding feature development. You will:
- Convey your vision through bold product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and software engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Develop business metrics and KPIs to increase adoption and develop audit mechanisms (e.g., metrics, reporting, evaluation standards) to track and report on adoption.
- Support engineering teams to identify services/systems/libraries to directly support other teams. This would include many security teams focused on application and enterprise security.
- Create and maintain concrete, quantitative, and descriptive profiles of customers and their needs. These include mobile developers, web developers, core service backend developers, and machine learning data scientists.
- Develop a product portfolio with a clear roadmap and hold team accountable to delivering against that roadmap
- Review existing processes, identify gaps in the solution set, recommend improvements, and see the changes through
- Collaborate with the Twitter Security teams, Data Management, Data Science, Legal, Product, IT, Compliance, and Engineering teams to design and validate solutions to the most important customer problems, as they evolve over time.
Who You Are
• You obsess over building products people love.
• You have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great enterprise products.
• You have experience building an understanding of customers, and rapidly iterating to figure out how to serve their needs and solve their problems (via rapid prototyping, concept testing, experimentation, etc)
• You have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self starter and an analytical thinker.
• You care. You believe Twitter should obsess about security so we continue to protect our systems and keep our customers’ data secure. Your curiosity drives you to understand the impact that product changes may have on Twitter’s diverse customer base and makes you a natural advocate for their needs.
• You are a strategic thinker and valued collaborator; you are just as comfortable strategizing and leading as you are diving into the details of product work when circumstances require it.
• You facilitate critical conversations with ease; you have no trouble working with and juggling the (at times) competing priorities of multiple teams operating in different countries.
• You approach problems with multiple solutions in mind, and quickly pivot when needed to better account for newly-discovered data and insight.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are flexible, self-motivated, dedicated, and hard-working. You actively recognize needs, resolve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions.
• You build and cultivate healthy relationships with partners and keep teammates informed and engaged. You customize your communication style based on your audience and easily switch between verbal and written communication as needed.
• You are open to international travel and have an appreciation and respect for the norms of cultures other than your own.
- 5 years experience working in security of which at least 3 spent in a product role, more preferred
- Knowledge of the current security best practices and constant learning and understanding of security standards.
- A history of building lasting cross-functional partnerships with both internal and external groups, especially Engineering, Product, Security, IT, Compliance, and Legal.
- Experience building products for developers and/or working on very technical products.
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strong empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities are a must.
- You have a get-stuff-done attitude, have great positive energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest trends in the field.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$167,000.00 - USD$234,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.