Engineering Data Scientist, Monetization
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
Engineering Data Scientists at Snap design implementable and scalable solutions, and productionalize them. We sit at the cross section of data science and machine learning. We provide impactful, objective, and actionable data insights that enable informed engineering and product decisions. We drive informed and timely decision-making that improves and optimizes the way our products are created, executed, and adopted.
We’re looking for an Engineering Data Scientist to join Snap Inc!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams, and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning to create insights and predictions
- Create and test hypotheses in a causal inference framework
- Build models and machine learning pipelines to solve problems in the monetization space:
- Understand how users interact with ads on the platform
- Predict churn and retention of clients
- Work on identity solutions in a privacy-preserving way
- Measure incremental revenue from advertising campaigns with experimental and observational causal inference techniques
- Work on attribution models, media-mix-models, lifetime value models
- Understand patterns in data to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to structure ambiguous business challenges into actionable plans
- Ability to write close-to-production code
- M.S. or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning, experience with the entire lifecycle of an ML model, from POC to productionalization
- 3+ years of experience in causal inference techniques, experimental design and/or A/B testing
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying languages
- Solid experience with programming languages such as Python or R
- Track record of building scalable solutions in production environments
- Experience with modern deep learning frameworks such as tensorflow or pytorch
- Familiarity with cloud computing stack in AWS or GCP
- Prior experience with ad measurement or ad tech
- Experience in one or more of the following: graph analysis, recommender systems, uplift modeling, encoders
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.