Senior IT Apps Engineer
Twitter is a growing organization that faces new challenges as it evolves. The IT Enterprise Applications Team focuses on the building blocks of applications and tools that improve the productivity of employees across the company.
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Enterprise Applications team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You’ll Do
You will support key business software applications and plan, design, develop, and launch efficient ERP systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. You will serve as a technical & functional expert in the implementation, creation or enhancement of Twitter’s financial systems.
This role is 90% New Development. The rest is understanding the functional side so you can contextualize the Architecting and Solutions you will be drafting and implementing. There is a separate maintenance and support team. you will work closely with a Senior Functional consultant locally reporting into San Francisco. there is no on call ./ outside hours support with this role. This role needs a developer currently working with R 12. Your business focus is on developing for EMEA. This role would suit a developer with 5/6/7 years experience.
- Experience in AME, Workflow
- Experience in building Oracle BI Publisher reports using RTF, eText XSL-FO templates.
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripts, SQL Loader, Inbound/Outbound Interfaces, SFTP.
- SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Forms, Forms personalization, ADF/OAF
- AOL, Concurrent Programs, Lookups, Flex Fields, Profile options.
- APIs and interface tables in various Oracle modules like TCA, AR, AP, FA, PO, OM and GL
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive IT / internal Customer relationship.
- Lead development projects from inception through completion, working independently and interacting with senior organization employees.
- Maintain and manage the Oracle Applications R12 modules and related integrations/interfaces.
- Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
- Develop complex, detailed functional and technical designs for new business requirements.
- Develop complex solutions per functional specifications using APIs, Open Interfaces, approved Oracle extension.
- Work with key members in domestic and International locations, various departments to identify and resolve application issues, system enhancements, and new user requirements.
- Develop test scripts and perform in-depth tests, including system and integration, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide clear communications to management regarding timelines, issues and requirements and personal training needs.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas in IT systems across the organization.
Additionally, an ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Solution implementation: requirements definition, solution design, user training, performance optimization, system testing and go-live support.Experience with a minimum of 3 end-to-end Oracle ERP implementation projects
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience in global enterprise system implementations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter
- Gather & design Functional requirement (MD50) and write technical specs (MD70) documents.
- Experience working in complex integrated systems with both upstream and downstream dependencies is desirable
- Oracle EBS Techno Functional Engineer with 5+ years of experience implementation and support experience with oracle EBS R12
- Experience or Good understanding of core processes with oracle Accounts Receivables,Order Management, Account Payables, Payments, Cash Management, General Ledger, Inventory, Purchasing, iProcurement, Advance Collections and Fixed Assets
- Experience in Oracle EBS including Set-up experience within Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Inventory, Procurement and AME
- Must be well-versed with data models and interfaces for applicable ERP modules.
- Experience with bank integrations
- Experience in developing interfaces with alternative systems
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Workflow (setup/design and Administration)
- Experience of APIs, Open Interfaces structure, EBS data model, Oracle Workflows, BI Publisher, OAF, SQL, PL/SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$146,000.00 - USD$204,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.