Lifestyle Programming Senior Manager
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Strategy & Content team is responsible for the design, development, and execution of strategic initiatives, with a focus on driving product innovation, content creativity, and audience growth. The Content team’s vision is to make Discover & Community the fastest way to be entertained and informed — combining Friend Stories with community content from other Snapchatters, short-form entertainment content from top creators, and personalized, timely news from trustworthy sources. The team helps protect the long-term health of this ecosystem by constantly balancing the interests of content consumers, content creators, advertisers, and Snap.
We’re looking for a Lifestyle Senior Manager to join our Programming team!
- What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute Snapchat’s content strategy the Lifestyle vertical for English Content
- Use the market expertise and deep knowledge of the U.S content landscape to identify great content opportunities
- Work closely with the content strategy and media partner management team to grow content engagement and viewers
- Program content around key tentpoles
- Develop and disseminate best practices and content guidelines
- Engage with multiple internal stakeholders and work with cross-functional teams on sprint projects
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Deep understanding of the content preferences of 13-34 year olds
- Obsessive interest in lifestyle, internet trends, and online content
- Ability to digest content metrics and reach actionable conclusions
- Polished communication skills and experience of working well with partners
- Someone who can be both strategic and manage a high volume of tasks - both big and small
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in editorial, content creation, development and/or curation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Passion for Snapchat and mobile media
- Passion for digital media
- A self-starter with the drive to make a big impact
- Constantly curious
- Possess the adaptability, resilience and patience to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest way to share a moment.