Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure Provisioning Automation
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We feel real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Core Infrastructure Provisioning Automation (CIPA) team. Our team builds, owns, and operates services providing bare metal provisioning, lifecycle management, and related services to internal Infrastructure customers across our Tweep Platform teams.
Our charter is to generate novel software solutions for Platform teams within Twitter to holistically run machine lifecycles.
Our current multi-year initiative is to provide the automation of provisioning new Kubernetes clusters onto Twitter’s own bare metal servers in order to facilitate a migration from Aurora/Mesos to Kubernetes. You will work with other Twitter Platform teams to understand their lifecycle management requirements and build outstanding software solutions to solve these problems.
What You'll Do
- You will craft and develop new automation solutions to infrastructure engineering problems
- You will help drive standardization efforts across multiple fields
- You will partner with teams from across the organization to help solve hard problems
- You will ensure the reliability of the existing provisioning systems to guarantee uptime and availability of core provisioning services.
- You will take on issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, network and application
- You will be called upon to perform analysis, troubleshooting, and introspection on core infrastructure components
- This is not an operations position - CIPA is dedicated to building automated solutions that enable self-service and self-support for Twitter’s internal customers on premises and in the public cloud.
Who You Are
- You have expertise in understanding of Linux systems and services
- You understand and have a strong curiosity about systems and application design
- You have the knowledge of various aspects of service design: including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Strong Python, Go, Scala, or Java experience required and proficiency in at least one other language preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
A Few Other Things We Value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.