Data Scientist - Twitter Developer Platform
The purpose of Twitter is to serve the public conversation. Third-party developers can do far more to accomplish our purpose than we ever could on our own.
The Twitter Developer Platform (developer.twitter.com) is home to the Twitter API. We enable third-party developers to understand, learn, enhance, and engage with the public conversation. Nearly half a million developers are active on our platform, ranging from everyday hobbyists to enterprise businesses. They use Twitter API through a wide variety of APIs, generating hundreds of billions of requests daily.
The Data Science team works closely with partners in Product, Engineering, Design, and Research to understand user behavior, inform product decisions, and builds a healthy developer community on Twitter.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct exploratory analysis to understand user activities and trends; identify new opportunities to help move key metrics.
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments to evaluate product and feature changes
- Apply statistical and ML techniques to model user behavior, identify causal impact, and predict future outcomes.
- Build pipelines and other infrastructure to enable analytics and modeling needs
- Regularly present data-based recommendations, state of business, experiment results, etc. to cross-functional teams. Spread best practices to advocate for a data-driven culture
- 2-4 years of experience in a quantitative data science role
- Experience with building machine learning algorithms to solve business problems
- Experience with A/B testing and other casual inference methods
- Strong proficiency with SQL and Python / R
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$114,000.00 - USD$149,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.