Staff Site Reliability Engineer, Consumer
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We feel real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are
Twitter Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) scales Twitter to serve the public conversation around the globe! We encourage engineering confidence by systematically making services reliable and efficient, and ensuring changes are safe and fast. Our SRE teams embed deeply with development teams, sharing on-call with a focus on up-leveling services and increasing automation.
Twitter offers engineers the unique opportunity to personally make a noticeable difference at a company that makes a difference in the world. Our team is seeking someone who enjoys coding and is passionate about solving unique challenges in a large-scale distributed environment. We are passionate about systems performance measurement and tuning, and we love to fix complex distributed service issues.
Who You Are
- You have a solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- A detailed problem-solving approach with a track record of crafting and debugging distributed systems in production
- You are adaptable and enjoy working with large, complex, and multi-team owned services
- You seek new initiatives on tasks and work well as a member of a remote and distributed teams
- 7+ years of SRE or software engineering experience
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one higher-level language (Python, Go, Ruby, or similar).
- Solid understanding of Linux servers, specifically RHEL/CentOS.
- Detailed understanding of tools, methodologies, and analysis techniques in a distributed systems environment.
- Experience developing infrastructure, configuration, and deployment scripting and automation for large-scale/high complexity services in a microservice environment.
- Experience dealing with large data sets that inform your knowledge around building robust data pipelines and architectures, and tuning Java applications.
- Experience using containerization software such as Mesos, Kubernetes, or Docker
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience
A few other things we value:
- Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
- Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$191,000.00 - USD$267,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.