Marketing Program Manager, SMB
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who we are
The SMB Global Marketing team builds customer lifecycle programs leveraging web, email, paid and other Martech solutions to educate small and medium size businesses on the value of Twitter Ads and other Twitter business solutions. Our goal is to help customers understand how to grow their business with Twitter by investing in the right strategies and organic and paid Twitter solutions.
Our SMB Global Marketing team is in a phase of rapid growth and this role is responsible for optimizing the project management function, and building new operational processes and recommended best practices to support our team’s goals and initiatives. This includes standard operating procedures, templates, process workflows, and documentation; and serving as a mentor and educator to support and enable our team members.
This role will own and manage our project management tool, ensuring adherence, adoption, and maintaining oversight into our projects and workstreams. And will be responsible for effective and relevant communication and change management within and across teams on a global scale. This is a detail-oriented, cross-functional role that requires a unique combination of marketing experience, business acumen, project management, and communication skills.
You will coordinate across international marketing and technology stakeholders and will rely on your disciplined project management mindset to help support marketing programs in a manner that is consistent, well documented, and measured with an aim towards hitting the SMB organization’s customer acquisition and retention OKRs.
- Participate in strategic planning to understand goals and program requirements, and assist in translating into tactical projects to ensure accurate scope, timelines and resourcing
- Lead team and program meetings, including weekly/monthly program and project statuses, and planning & review/retro sessions
- Serve as administrator in managing and optimizing our project management tools, as well as our documentation libraries for consistency and ensuring they are kept current
- Guide our team’s project drivers and/or lead cross-functional projects to launch and execute our initiatives in accordance with our governance guidelines, processes and best practices
- Identify program risks early on and provide mitigation strategies
- Help to define, standardize, and operationalize PM best practices and operational processes across the team, including templates, reports, and dashboards as necessary. Continue to identify issues or opportunities to optimize and automate workflows and support processes
- Create and maintain comprehensive dashboards that ensure team members, leadership and partners are aware of the status of individual projects and overall program. Develop, track and report project and program KPIs
- Establish trusted, effective relationships and be the main point of contact to facilitate communication between partner teams (IT engineering, data science, marketing and sales operations) for cross-functional programs
- Manage program and team communication, and document key meetings and decisions
- Demonstrate ownership/investment in the work and have a clear understanding of our business goals and values
- Lend expertise and serve as a mentor and educator for championing project and process best practices to ensure we’re upskilling all team members in this domain
To succeed, you need the ability to multitask, plan, organize, and collaborate. You’ll prioritize a wide variety of requests with opposing deadlines and limited resources. Timely decision-making and prioritization are critical to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- A great planner, collaborator & communicator with excellent organization skills who can distill complex initiatives into tactical projects and next steps
- A proven track record of defining and implementing process improvements and systems for efficient and scalable execution
- Ability and interest to learn and optimize new processes and technologies
- 4+ years of marketing experience
- 2+ years project or program management experience, or track record of running structured well-coordinated approaches to marketing programs and campaigns; or 4+ years of project and program management experience and expertise
- Experience managing marketing program execution from strategic collaboration through completion of tactical deliverables
- Experience developing and managing project and process management deliverables
- Project Management Certificate, PMP Certification, or Agile training preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics & visualization, Atlassian Tools, and project management applications. ClickUp experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and process discipline
- Self-motivated and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A growth mindset and correspondingly an interest in mentorship and knowledge sharing
- Experience successfully facilitating and building consensus in cross-functional teams
- A sense of humor, a willingness to speak up, and an interest in working with a team and a company that #LovesWhereTheyWork
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.