Product Manager - Health Tools
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is the best and fastest place to see what’s happening and what people are talking about all around the world. From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, from big events to everyday interests. If it’s happening anywhere, it’s happening first on Twitter. Twitter is where the full story unfolds with all the live commentary and where live events come to life unlike anywhere else. Twitter is available in more than 40 languages around the world. The service can be accessed at Twitter.com and on a variety of mobile devices. For more information, visit about.twitter.com
- Founded in 2006
- Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- 70% of users are international
- 6500+ employees globally
Twitter is seeking a Product Manager to oversee the Health of the platform. We are committed to increasing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation on Twitter. You’d be responsible for driving a product area and building features to support platform integrity, customer safety, and tooling. Additionally, you will be deeply cross-functional, as building strong relationships across Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, and Operations will be critical to your success in this role. As Twitter continues to serve as one of the most important communication tools in the world, the need for focusing on the Health of the platform increases.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a strong leader, and building and shipping a variety of products that combat account compromise, spam, misinformation, scams, and other types of abusive behavior and content in online platforms.
Bachelor’s degree, ideally in computer science or design-related fields, or equivalent experience.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a demonstrated history of delivering consumer or b2b products (3+ years) and a deep understanding of online platform health and safety.
- You have demonstrated leadership on issues like platform manipulation, safety & abuse, and other health-related initiatives.
- You are dedicated to keeping the customer at the center of all product and design decisions that are made to improve the overall experience.
- You have a working understanding of engineering and technical depth that lets you partner with—and earn the respect of—world-class engineers.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and excel at building strong cross-functional partnerships within an organization.
- You’re an active user of the Twitter product and are aware of social media landscapes in general.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership.
- You are invested in the overall health and success of Twitter as a company and know when to balance the needs of your team and the needs of the general business.
- You receive feedback openly and graciously and deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are supportive and actionable.
- You are able to lead numerous projects simultaneously while balancing competing priorities and time constraints.
- You enjoy making difficult things happen and solving the many challenges along the way.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Exposure to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$167,000.00 - USD$234,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Your application has been successfully submitted.