PR Manager, AI / Automation / Platform
Salesforce is the #1 CRM, bringing companies and customers together in the digital age. Founded in 1999, Salesforce enables companies of every size and industry to take advantage of powerful technologies—cloud, mobile, social, blockchain, voice, and artificial intelligence—to connect to their customers in a whole new way.
Salesforce is hiring a PR Manager to join the product PR team, and oversee Platform PR, which includes Einstein (artificial intelligence), automation and low code, among other technologies. We're looking for a PR professional with strong writing skills, technology experience, organization, and executive presence.
This person will be responsible for overseeing the execution of a range of high-impact technology communications programs; delivering high-impact media coverage, managing an agency team and collaborating across the broader PR team; and partnering closely with our Product, Marketing and other business leaders.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to distill and understand complex technologies, has strong media relationships across tech and business; executive communications experience; and proven ability to work independently to develop and execute high-impact communications programs.
About the Salesforce Platform: The Platform gives organizations the building blocks to create modern digital experiences and drive business results from anywhere. Platform empowers customers, employees and partners with artificial intelligence (AI), automation, low-code tools, pro-code capabilities and pre-built apps from AppExchange, all with built-in security.
- Craft compelling stories about artificial intelligence, automation, low code and other emerging technologies to drive top-tier media coverage across business, tech, and industry publications that elevate the Salesforce Platform to articulate the value of our technologies
- Lead, plan, and execute product PR launches, partnering closely with Product Marketing, Industry Marketing, Salesforce PR teams, and our US and international PR colleagues and agencies
- Engage with reporters, editors, and other influencers to showcase Salesforce’s leadership in AI, automation and other emerging technologies
- Effectively partner with dedicated PR agency team
- Understand AI, automation, low code and other emerging technologies to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging and help frame technology conversations in press
- Hands-on collaboration with Customer Marketing to pitch PR to customers and manage end-to-end press release approvals, press interview prep with customers, and secure customer story features in press
- Become a trusted advisor to Platform executives, providing counsel on if/how to approach media engagements, as well as guiding and prepping spokespeople on messages for press interviews
Required skills/experience (what you've accomplished):
- 5+ years experience in public relations, analyst relations, marketing, or journalism
- Mix of agency and corporate in-house technology communications experience preferred
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or similar field preferred
- Experience working in emerging technology, including artificial intelligence, developer communications and others
- Experience working with and helping influence high-level executives
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with reporters
- Creative, hardworking, flexible, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of organizational skill and attention to detail
- Work with various PR partners to deliver holistic stories that show the full power of Salesforce
- Update and manage PR narratives and key messages that serve as a single source of truth for PR stories and content
- Be a trusted partner internally with the ability to staff press meetings, manage timing and meeting flow, share detailed notes with stakeholders, and own follow up
- Maintain global agency activity trackers, monitor for press coverage, as well as deliver communications results reports as needed
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills
- Independent, hands-on approach while also working well within a larger, tight-knit team
- Positive, can-do attitude
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.