Data Engineering Manager, Digital Experience Marketing
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are looking for a data engineering manager to join the Digital Experience Marketing Measurement & Operations team! Data has become a strategic asset to the organization in driving all aspects of business decision-making, personalizing customer experiences in real-time, and driving the future of Adobe's business.
This position will play a leading role on building data products and infrastructure to unlock the potential of the Digital Experience Marketing Organization. You will be part of a learning culture, where partnership and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to building foundational datasets to report and accelerate marketing measurement and insights.
As an engineering leader, you will have the scope and resources to build and grow an elite engineering team and ensure they perform with utmost efficiency and efficacy. In this role you will be working on the cutting edge of a suite of the latest technologies. We need someone who is a problem solver, creative, resourceful, and can work independently as well as collaboratively. You can think strategically, act tactically, and can influence change from the top down.
What you'll do:
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers, supporting their personal efficiency and career growth
- Architect, design, and develop fault-tolerant data infrastructure and data reporting solutions
- Collaborate across engineering teams, product management, and business stakeholders to drive alignment and deliver on scope
- Create or improve engineering efficiency, system integration, data quality, monitoring, and alerting solutions
- Be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving, fast-paced agile development environment
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
- Identify existing technical problems in the infrastructure or data engineering architecture and design and implement solutions to solve
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years of professional software and data engineering experience on customer-facing products
- Experience managing and coaching developers
- Full lifecycle development process from business requirements to launch
- Data as a product in business-critical environments
- Expert in SQL and demonstrated use of JIRA/Workfront/GIT or similar tools to deliver high-quality products
- Full stack development & integrations on Linux/Unix operating systems
- Big Data technologies to process large volumes of data such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, Cassandra & open-source technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
Additional consideration given for experiences with:
- AWS, Azure
- Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating enterprise reporting dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
- Enterprise development experience using Java, Node, Python
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing the world through digital experiences