Product Lead, Ecosystem Quality & Trust (Remote, Canada)
About the role
Shopify is hiring for a Product Lead for our Ecosystem Quality & Trust team. Come help build the most trusted version of Shopify’s Ecosystem, so that entrepreneurs around the world can forever rely on the quality and trustworthiness of the apps, themes, and services in our ecosystem.
What will you do?
- Establish a product vision, strategy and roadmap to ensure the quality of the apps/themes/services on our platform and provide high value to our merchants.
- Build and execute roadmaps for developer analytics, empowering them with real-time app health and insights necessary to improve quality and success of their apps.
- Think broadly and deeply to solve a wide range of problems that hurt merchant trust, or identify. Partner with and influence other teams to pursue new opportunities that increase merchant trust.
- Work closely with stakeholders in engineering, data science, manual operations & legal to build, manage, and execute on the product strategy.
- Engage with internal teams, merchant community, and the developer/partner community to identify opportunities that enable them to build high quality apps, themes, and services.
- Work with teams across Shopify to identify opportunities to responsibly leverage Quality & Trust data, and to unlock new signals to constantly improve risk evaluation capabilities.
- Establish and evangelize key partner and app risk metrics across the company, to foster a shared responsibility for risk management.
- Translate high level business ideas to technical deliverables. Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
What do you bring?
- A proven history of success in product management roles. You’ve either grown through the ranks from Product Manager to Product People Manager; or found Product Management early enough in your career to have both shipped products, and led teams to ship products.
- Strong communication skills and experience in working with many opinionated stakeholders across different parts of an organization.
- Experience in fraud, risk and/or quality management for app store, marketplaces, or online communities.
- Solid technical understanding and/or background in developing products.
- Experience with Machine Learning & Data teams, and with building risk engine/defense platforms.
- Familiarity with end-to-end AI-based products life cycle.
- Ability to self-service with respect to data. Proficiency with SQL is a must. Ideally with Tableau, PowerBI, Looker or similar business intelligence tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.