Partner Data & Insights Manager - Agency Partnerships (Remote, US)
About the role
We are looking for a Partner Data & Insights Manager, with expertise measuring success of partner/commercial performance, product usage, and programs in a scalable way.
You will be responsible for helping the regional agency partnerships team make data-informed decisions, identifying opportunities for improvement, spotting trends as well as surfacing potential issues. This work is aimed at improving efficiency, increasing productivity, and driving profit for the business. The role will also be a vital support for our agency partners by providing market insights, vertical trends and product usage benchmarking to help steer our partners on the right growth path.
You will work closely with the global agency program team and our cross-functional business partners in business operations, data science, and the merchant-facing teams such as sales, technology services, partner support and merchant success.
The types of things you’ll work on:
- Analyzing all aspects of regional partnerships performance data and conversion funnels, proactively offering insights and recommendations for areas of growth and efficiency.
- Monitoring and managing progress against commercial target metrics and generating forecasts. Providing weekly status summaries outlining performance drivers and implications, and leading monthly, quarterly, and annual data reviews for our team.
- Optimizing existing reporting suites and building new reports and data models in support of regional needs.
- Training the Partner Manager team on different data types, dashboards, and KPIs, and overseeing data-driven processes and CRM hygiene.
- Compiling and providing partner intelligence support including market insights, vertical trends, and product usage benchmarking to help steer our partners on the right growth path.
- Collaborating with global and regional Partner and Operations teams throughout target-setting processes to ensure alignment and consistent feedback loops.
- Acting as primary point of contact and regional advocate on any relevant global projects.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and analyses such as business case modelling, opportunity sizing, and creation of new tracking reports, etc.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, learning, and sharing of best practices between global and regional teams.
- Providing thought leadership and relevant subject matter expertise to inform strategy and execution path for regional Partner program.
You’ll need to have:
- Expertise in Excel/SQL/Google Sheets. Must be able to pull and analyze raw data from various sources, and work comfortably with commercial data sets and models.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com reporting.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, capable of driving recommendations and decisions rooted in quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent communication, data summarization, and presentation skills.
- Experience owning projects from ideation to launch, and managing a variety of peer and leadership stakeholders.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Passion for automation, increasing efficiencies, and working with technology and data.
- Proactive, ownership mindset with an ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Ability to be proactive and relentless: capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, and corralling resources and delivering results.
This posting will close on Tuesday May 17, 2022 at 11:59pm EST. You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3-4 weeks.
If you are excited about this opportunity, click on "Apply for this job" and be sure to include a message to Kate about why you feel this is the perfect role for you at this time.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.