Senior Marketing Operations Manager (Remote, US)
About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for our customers around the globe. With millions of Merchants in more than 175 countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market. The Marketing Strategy and Operations team works cross-functionally across all Marketing teams to own the Marketing foundations and oversee the governance of data management, marketing campaign processes, project management, planning, workflow management, market insights, competitive intelligence and reporting that keeps our marketing team moving quickly.
What it’s like to be a part of the team:
We move fast and value experimentation. Each member of the team is given the autonomy and resources to make decisions that help us accomplish our goals. You will work on major infrastructure projects as well as building acquisition campaigns in collaboration with content, integrated Marketing, Data Science, and our technology teams.
As a Marketing Operations Manager, you will be reporting to the Marketing Operations Lead and working with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment where communication and collaboration are always instilled. We need you to be our subject matter expert for the implementation of Marketing campaigns and programs that encompass the full funnel. Your talents in optimizing every part of the customer journey and your knack for experimenting and solving complex Marketing challenges will shine in this role.
You’ll get to do things like:
- Launch and optimize Marketing campaigns, including template, landing page and campaign setup, testing, scheduling, tracking, and measuring campaigns to drive results
- Automate scoring and response strategy in partnership with Marketing segment managers
- Manage campaign lists, ensure data quality and understand flow to and from CRM system
- Routinely analyze and report on key performance metrics and make key recommendations including optimizing click-through and conversion rates
- Support other areas within Shopify where marketing operations expertise would be valuable
- Coordinate with stakeholders to optimize marketing email calendar to schedule appropriate dissemination of communications
- Work closely with Web and Social Media teams to drive awareness and traffic for business segments
- Maintain the quality of marketing data including compliance with corporate global privacy (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR and others) and keep up-to-date on email best practices
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms such as Marketo and Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Passion for automation and increasing efficiencies
- Passion for working with technology and data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable learning new applications/tools quickly with minimal direction
- Demonstrate strong project management and time management skills
- Experience building, testing and reporting on email campaigns, and basic knowledge of HTML
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally to quickly implement projects
- Passion for rolling up your sleeves, thriving in organized chaos and being resourceful to get shit done
- Be proactive and relentless: capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, and corralling resources and delivering results
- Demonstrated experience of applying sound Marketing Operations best practices and optimizing for every stage in the customer journey / funnel
WAIT! There's more!!
Please respond to the following questions. Responses can be filled out under the Message to Hiring Manager box.
- What is the benefit of using Marketo over Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) and in what instances would you use both?
- What is an example of a Marketing campaign that went wrong and what steps did you take to address it?
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.