Lead, Product Communications (Remote, Canada)
About the role
Our communications team is looking for an experienced professional with demonstrated storytelling and media relations success specifically in the areas of shipping, fulfillment, and logistics. Working cross-functionally, the ideal candidate will oversee Shopify product areas related to shipping, fulfillment, logistics, and partnerships.
- Be part of the product communications leadership team for North America while managing agency partners and collaborating with various stakeholders across multiple product areas, international, legal, IR, etc.
- Maintain close relationships with Product Marketing counterparts and stakeholders to collaborate on product launches and storytelling moments
- Build Shopify’s shipping and logistics storytelling machine, showcasing how our platform and technology empower entrepreneurs.
- Closely monitor and follow ongoing media conversation as it relates to supply chain news, ecommerce and fulfillment trends, and logistics innovation; carving out areas of opportunity for Shopify.
- Leverage strong media relationships and continuously deliver impactful storytelling across broadcast, print, and online outlets; experiment with new formats and mediums including podcasts, YouTube shows, Twitter Spaces, Substacks etc.
- Devise communications strategies surrounding major company efforts and launches
- Work with partner organizations to execute PR campaigns and ongoing storytelling
- Brief and prepare executives for media interviews, speaking engagements, and general thought leadership initiatives
- Provide senior counsel and support as required for inbound media inquiries and issues
- Collaborate with regional counterparts in EMEA and APAC to ensure effective rollout of global campaigns and partnerships
- Must have experience leading PR efforts specifically in shipping, logistics, fulfillment
- Extensive experience in PR / communications
- Strong experience crafting and executing thought leadership campaigns for technical subject matter and innovative topics
- Bold, creative, and strategic thinker with attention to detail and a deep understanding of what it takes to execute impactful product comms
- An experienced comms professional who is willing and excited to think beyond the traditional (and can demonstrate experience doing so); open to questioning orthodoxy and willing to experiment with different, and sometimes unconventional, ways of sharing news
- Comprehensive understanding of the tech and business media landscape that is evolving beyond traditional national print and online outlets to include influencers, podcasts, vlogs, and much more
- Experience working with partners to execute media relations campaigns
- Understanding of global communications strategy development and roll-outs
- Demonstrated impact in landing meaningful coverage and cultivating media relationships
- Strong writing, editing, speech and presentation skills are absolutely essential
- Experience with people management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.