Mobility Specialist, US Immigration (Remote, Canada)
About the role
About the team
Our Mobility team is growing and we are looking for a Mobility Specialist to join us! We are excited to add a passionate Talent professional who has experience working with US Immigration and exudes a natural curiosity around all facets of Mobility on a global scale. Our current Global Operations & Mobility Team is made up of innovative master problem solvers and constant learners. Strong partnerships with internal teams and leaders enable us to develop and offer top notch and innovative mobility programs.
As a Mobility Specialist you’ll be involved with: US immigration processes, including Immigrant Visa matters such as PERM, I-140 and AOS filings and Non-Immigrant visa matters such as H-1B, F-1, TN, L-1, O-1 and E-3. You will lead compliance initiatives and audits, relocation requests and other mobility support as needed. You will also work closely within the Mobility team to support the movement of top talent all around the globe.
If you are a self-starter that enjoys being a flexible contributor and taking charge of your day to day work, this might be the role for you!
In this role you will:
- Own the US Green Card experience with candidates, employees, business partners and leads
- Work with Shopify’s legal team to finalize work permit applications and extensions
- Support the full life cycle of Shopify’s Green Card process while collaborating with HR Business Partners, immigration lawyers, and various internal stakeholders
- Track and maintain the immigration statuses of our employees while keeping Public Access Files up to date
- Assist with arrangements for immigration consultations, and other critical elements of employee relocation
- Support internal compliance by ensuring all of Shopify’s immigration files are in check
- Provide frequent updates, training & education with internal teams and stakeholders to improve transparency in our mobility process
- Strong knowledge of US immigrant and non-immigrant visa processes, including PERM, I-140, AOS, H-1B, F-1, TN, L-1, O-1 and E-3
- Experience in the preparation of information, or documentation, required for US IV/PERM filings
- 3+ years of overall experience within a law firm (such as a paralegal with responsibility for immigration petition preparation/filings) or an in-house immigration role for an organization with a significant volume
- Motivation to challenge and influence traditional mobility practices in an effort to build something future focused and unique
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once with shifting deadlines
- Ability to drive your own schedule and manage your work - each day in this space may look different!
- A natural drive to foster and maintain high trust relationships
- Can connect the dots and think ahead to identify/resolve problems before they arise
- Detail oriented and loves living daily life in a highly organized way
- Creativity – someone who can find and implement creative solutions that may be out of the box
This posting will close on Friday, May 13th @11:59 pm EST. We are looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us by May 31, 2022.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.