Financial Analyst (America's Commercial Organization)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance.
The Americas Commercial Organization (ACO) Financial Analyst will be responsible for finance support (budget, forecast, reporting, and other financial modeling) on the full ACO P&L (revenue, margin and opex) and HD Commercial Strategic Planning for Maxis titles. To deliver these responsibilities, the FA will partner with cross-functional groups including ACO business partners, Commercial Teams, Accounting and Corporate FP&A. The position reports to the ACO Finance Manager and will be based in either Vancouver, Austin, or Orlando.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partnering
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work towards meeting financial and business objectives and enabling business owners’ success
- Support business reviews with materials focused on the story (not just data) with clear and actionable insights
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
- Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Manage the operating budgets of ACO and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) teams and provide deep support on revenue forecasting
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations on spend, resourcing, and commercial opportunities
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure alignment across Finance and Business owners
- Design and implement reporting tools
- Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Who You Are:
- Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of related financial experience, revenue knowledge a plus
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, knowledge in Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle a plus
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.