Animator - NHL - Temporary
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Animator will be responsible for portraying movement and behavior. Also, you will create emotionally believable characters that allow game players to interact with the game, whether photorealistic or stylized, in a realistic and believable fashion.
What you will do as an Animator:
- Design and develop animation features, in collaboration with the producers and software engineers.
- Contribute to designing animation components that can be shared across features and even across games.
- Build complex animation trees using our proprietary Animation Toolkit (may be required).
We are looking for:
- Experienced CG character animator.
- 2+ years work experience as Animator.
- Excellent character animation skills.
- Experience animating cameras, and a good eye for cinematics.
- Knowledge of a 3D animation package. (Maya, XSI etc.)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Autodesk’s Motionbuilder.
- Experience working in gaming.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.