Lead, Core Community
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Community Engagement Team connects the voices of EA’s 300+ million players to our global game and strategy teams, facilitating healthy conversation and working together to develop thriving communities.
The Core Community Lead of the EA Vancouver studio will oversee a team of Community Managers leading the Core Community Engagement strategy for EA’s FIFA, NHL and UFC franchises. The team serves as the voice of the community, and you and your team will engage with players to provide feedback on the game to the development team, while also communicating with players through web, social and live stream channels.
Reporting to the Director, Core Community, you will develop trust with FIFA, NHL and UFC players through transparent and purposeful communications. This will include building the five pillars of the Core Community role: Player Feedback, Communications Platforms, developer to player communication strategy, conversation reporting and expert insights for internal partners.
You will also work with internal partners on EA’s Positive Play Program, ensuring a safe and fun environment for our players in the community.
Passion is the fuel that inspires our teams. You will have a deep love of EA and sports video games, matched with community engagement expertise and an ability to develop communications strategies that achieve our goals, to strengthen overall player engagement and sentiment for the franchise across the world.
• Lead the global core community strategy for EA Vancouver studio games - EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC.
• Lead the strategy of EAV’s direct-to-player communications programs including anchor platforms such as blogs, forums, social, live streams, and ensuring global alignment across all partners.
• In partnership with the user research team, develop and oversee the Player Design Council for EA Vancouver games, inclusive of tools and forums for diverse player feedback, and collaboration with developers on improvements to the game.
• Develop a network of partners both in studio and around the organization to help guide the core community strategies for EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC, including the development, brand, Marketing and Communications Partners, Finance, Legal and other important partners.
• Be the EA expert on EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC community, working with the Community Manager team on a conversation monitoring program to ensure the development team and important EA internal leaders are aware of community conversation and provided with relevant insights.
• Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues improving the experience.
• Partner with the creator team to work with EA Game Changers and creators in the Community to tell the story of EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC, developing opportunities for content creation leading up to, during and after launch.
• Ensure all Electronic Arts standards and processes are observed and followed.
• Establish a positive reputation within the EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC communities.
• Passion for video games and experience playing EA games
• 5+ years of experience working in online communities, communications, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
• 2+ years experience managing a small team of community, communications or marketing professionals.
• Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
• Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas to wide audiences.
• Motivated to learn new things about players to improve their experience.
• Objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make recommendations.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing or Game Development a plus.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.