Vancouver, BC, Canada
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for numerous titles focused on uniting creative talents and technical expertise to guide industry-leading audio. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director to join the Create Audio team at our EAV studio who is passionate about both people and project management to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).
Leadership and People Management
- Build and evolve teams; identify resourcing needs.
- Maintain open and regular communication with project teams.
- Coordinate dependencies with external partners.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Provide consistent and constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression.
- Create an inclusive environment and address any conflict on the team.
- Develop positive working relationships with internal and partner teams.
- Establish and assign tasks from defined project goals, achieving project deliverables by managing multiple teams at a project level (e.g. franchise wide level).
- Proactively assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality.
- Develop an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
- Determine the resources needed to meet the task requirements.
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources.
- Champion adherence to Create Audio operational protocol.
- Track metrics as required.
- Proactively contribute to making process improvements across the Create Audio team.
- 5+ years Project Management and team leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) across all levels of an organization, especially for geographically distributed teams in various time zones.
- Work with artists, understanding the creative process and its impact on needs.
- Provide succinct status reports.
- Own and drive meetings with multiple stakeholders and attain its purpose.
- Experience in multiple project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile, and a familiarity with project management tools (i.e. Jira/Hansoft).
- Positive, team-based attitude.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law
Your application has been successfully submitted.